THIS is a highly recommended book to all. I called this as an intelligent book. So intelligent, that it set me thinking all the while. Many times, I had whispered to myself: "Oh yah, why have I not thought of that before?"
blink teaches you the power of thinking without thinking. Many decisions do not neccessary rely on complicated decision-making process. Alot of them can be made at a "blink". It seems like an amazing skills. Most of us posses that kind of power. In fact, when times comes, one had to make decision in seconds. They made the right judgement and yet they did not realised why they knows it. blink is the book that explains the "why you know it".
The major lessons that can be learnt from this book:
1) Thin slice the informations
2) The answers are all behind the "locked door"
3) Avoid Warren Harding error - the prejudice & discrimination
4) Creating Structure for spontaneity - rules, regulations, sophisticated databases, complicated analysis blind decision makers.
5) Kenna's Dilemma - the right & the wrong to ask people what they want
6) Pay attention to people's expression - Mind read them.
7) Listening with your eyes.
Some may find the name of the author very familiar. Yes, you are right, Malcolm Gladwell is the author behind the phenomental bestseller - The Tipping Point. I think he can write "intelligent" books. And blink is one of them and that is why you should read it.
I give blink a full.